Onlays & Inlays
Porcelain onlays and inlays
- Porcelain is the most durable and aesthetically pleasing material of all the dental restoration materials available today.
- Porcelain onlays and inlays are normally used for more extensive or more complex restorations. They are also perfect for circumstances where appearance or performance is essential, such as the more visible, front teeth or harder working, side and chewing teeth.
- Porcelain onlays and inlays are also an aesthetically pleasing and long wearing alternative to large amalgam fillings. Your older amalgam fillings that have fractured or leaked can be removed and porcelain onlays or inlays placed instead to rebuild and restore your tooth to its original condition.
- These procedures require two visits. The first to prepare tooth to be restored by taking an impression of the teeth and matching the tooth colour.
- Following this visit, the porcelain onlay or inlay is made in the dental laboratory so that it can be fitted bonded at your second visit.